Worthing BN12 4NG
Built in 1906, Courtlands is a magnificent three storey Grade II listed office building set in approx. 4.5 acres of gardens with a small woodland and lake. The building would lend itself to being let as a serviced office centre or for other commercial uses such as hotel, education, events venue, and residential care home STPC. There is parking for up to 55 cars located at the front of the building.
Constructed of brick with stone dressings and a slate roof the property is entered via a spectacular entrance hall with a domed glass ceiling, large wrap-around wooden staircase and restored Wedgewood pattern plaster wall mouldings.
The building is stepped in history and many of its original features have been protected and listed, particularly the Gold Room which has an original Queen Ann mantlepiece. There are also many wreaths and patrae on the walls and staircases along with honeysuckle, cherubs and fan ornaments all of which were much favoured by the architect, Robert Adam.